Carbon Monoxide (CO) Alarm

Independent Living

What is it?

The Tunstall Carbon Monoxide Alarm is a wireless, indoor sensor which detects the build up of potentially lethal CO gas and raises an alarm to request help and support.


Who is it for?

Anyone with gas and/or solid fuel appliances at their home. It can be beneficial to households with small children, those living with limited mobility or learning difficulties, plus older people and individuals experiencing long-term health conditions.


How does it work?

CO is a potentially lethal gas that is emitted from faulty appliances such as boilers, cookers or fires. It has no taste, smell or colour so it is very difficult for individuals to detect a problem. The Tunstall Carbon Monoxide Alarm links to a Lifeline home unit or Tunstall telecare enabled system to provide an accurate and reliable warning if dangerous CO levels are detected within the home.

The Tunstall Carbon Monoxide Alarm provides an immediate alert when dangerous CO emissions have been detected due to a blocked flue or fault in a fuel burning appliance, raising an alarm call to a scheme manager or monitoring centre. The alarm will provide repeated detection without needing to be replaced and has a sealed battery with a 7 year life. The memory function records the last CO alarm level, and the alarm also features a Test/Hush button. The alarm is officially approved and kitemarked to the European standard for domestic Carbon Monoxide alarms, EN 50291.

Our Solutions

People focused, smart, future proof solutions and services for care & health providers

Learn more

Case Studies

Read more about our innovative approach to transforming care & health

Learn more

Contact Us

Get in touch with your local teams from around the world

Learn more